Thank you all for being patient with traffic during school arrival and dismissal. With an enrollment of about 1000 students, Salt Creek has a very busy parking lot at key times. We are in need of at least 2 more volunteers to help direct traffic in the morning, and 1-2 more in the afternoon. Any amount of time would be appreciated during the 15 minutes before school starts and 15 minutes after school ends. Please let us know if you can help, even once per week!
Here are some reminders for safe arrival and dismissal:
- Do not park or wait in the red zones – this blocks the flow of traffic and prevents school buses from adhering to their time schedule for their bus route. It is also illegal, and CVPD will ticket those who commit this violation.
- Do not leave your car unattended in the yellow loading zone.
- Students may not cross into the parking lot unaccompanied by an adult for safety reasons. Please park and walk over to pick up your children, or pick them up in the yellow loading zone.
- Use crosswalks for safety – please model this habit for your children.
- Be patient and exercise extra caution in school zones.
Thank you for your cooperation and for caring about the safety of Salt Creek students! Safety before convenience always!