Hello Salt Creek Families!
Last Week the CVESD approved our LCAP plan for the coming school year and that plan includes several benefits to our Salt Creek community. Here are the new materials and resources that your children will enjoy during the next school year:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Library Materials. Every school will get $5K for books and DI schools will get an additional $5K for Spanish books.
- Library Technology Technician (LTT)The district will fund more time for our LTT so that we have our librarian full-time, five days a week. Our LTT is already here 25 hours/week, so this funding will offset what we pay from our site budget.
- ELA Gap Materials – We will get $15 per child to purchase support materials in Language Arts while we await adoption of new ELA curriculum in 17-18.
- Go Math Textbook Purchase. This new math curriculum will be used in all classrooms and may be supplemented with our Eureka Math instructional materials.
- Achieve 3000 – This is a web-based tool to increase students’ access to non-fiction text and assist in increasing Lexile levels. Program licenses will be purchased for every student in Grades 3-6 and can be used at school and at home.
- SIPPS Training and materials for all teachers in Grades K-2. This is program builds Reading Foundational Skills and also serves as an intervention to support students not yet reading at grade level.
- Resource Teacher – The Resource Teacher position will continue to be funded to provide support and coaching for instructional improvement.
- GATE certification for teachers – The district is offering GATE certification for all teachers. Teachers who are currently in Grades 4-6 will have the priority since they provide direct services to GATE students.
- Extended Day and JumpStart Tutoring will continue for students who are below grade level in reading.
- Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Teachers for collaboration. We will hire 5 full-time VAPA positions that we will share with Veterans Elementary, which means every student will get 1/2 day of arts instruction every other week for the entire school year. Here are the positions we posted:
- Digital Media Arts/Technology
- Visual Arts
- Lenovo Tablets– We are getting 150 Lenovo Yoga machines every year for the next 4 years.
Social and Emotional Wellness
- Social Worker on campus 2 hours/week. She will work with target students needing counseling services that can be provided both in class and via pull out.
- Attendance Health – We received this 3-hour clerical support last year and it will continue to help us support the attendance and health needs of our 988 students.
What wonderful news for our District and school community. CVESD is hard at work to ensure that we provide the best educational experience for each student.
Enjoy the rest of your summer break!
Lani Perez, Principal