Hi Everyone! One more week of school left before Spring Break. Please remember:
- It is early dismissal (1:15) every day this week.
- There will be Parent/Teacher conferences everyday before and after school.
- There will be Awards Assemblies taking place in the morning on Thursday (19th) & Friday (20th).
- All of this means that the Parking Lot will be a BUSY place. Either get there early to get a spot, be prepared to drive around & patiently wait for a spot to open OR park on the street and walk in to the school. BUT please make sure you follow the rules. Drop-offs in the middle of the parking lot are dangerous for everyone. Cars are backing up and drivers are concentrating on finding the next available spot, so please make sure you park and walk in with your kids if you are not using the drop-off lane. Thanx! And have a great Spring Break.
Week At a Glance
- Monday, March 16th – The PTG is still collecting money for the Read-a-thon. If you didn’t turn your pledges in on Friday, there is still time this week.
- Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th – Early dismissal – 1:15 pm
- Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, March 18th – 7:30 am in front of the school – Mission 2 $ave
- Thursday, March 19th & Friday, March 20th – in the MPR – 3rd Quarter Awards Assembly – Teachers will send home notices to the parents of children receiving awards.
- Thursday, March 19th – on the blacktop from 5pm to 7 pm – Fiesta de las Americas
- Friday, March 20th – This is the LAST day to order the 2014/2015 School Yearbook.
What’s Happening in March?
Parent/Teacher Conferences & Early Dismissal
- Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th – School dismisses at 1:15 each day. Notes are being sent home, so parents can arrange their conference times.
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, March 18th – 7:30 am in front of the school – Once again, Mission Federal Bank is here to help our Mountain Lions learn about the importance of saving. Kids can open accounts and make regular deposits (without going to the bank) every Wednesday for the entire school year.
Fiesta de las Americas
- Thursday, March 19th – On the Blacktop from 5pm to 7pm – The Salt Creek Dual Immersion program is hosting this event. Enjoy some delicious food, performances from Salt Creek Student and a silent auction.
- Thursday, March 19th & Friday, March 20th – Grade-level academic and citizenship awards will be handed out in the morning. Your teacher will notify you if your child is set to receive an award. Stay tuned for specific days and times. Beware! Parking will be intense on these days! So plan ahead.
Yearbook Order Deadline
- Friday, March 20th – This is the absolute last day to order the 2014/2015 Yearbook. Orders can be made on our PT-Avenue online store. If you are choosing to order online, but pay by cheque or cash, all money must be submitted by 1:15 pm on Friday, March 20th. Information about ordering Yearbooks was sent home in the backpacks last week. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, March 21st to Monday, April 5th – No School for Spring Break. School Resumes on Monday, April 6th at 8:15
- Monday, April 6th – School resumes at 8:15.
More information coming soon for these events:
- Talent Show
- Multi-cultural Fair
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- PTG Executive Board Elections