As a Salt Creek school community, we take pride in ensuring a safe, orderly, respectful, and responsible campus. We strive for continuous improvement in these areas, and know that it takes all of us working together to make this happen. We have some friendly reminders for everyone, and we thank you in advance for helping us out in these areas:
- Dogs on Campus: We love our furry little pets, however, dogs are not allowed on any school campus. It’s actually a California Penal Code. If you come to school to pick up your child and you have your dog with you, you can wait across the school curb by the Rustic Wood entrance. Thank you!!!!
- Always Sign In: For the safety of ALL students, please always sign in at the front office using our RAPTOR system, and wear your Visitor’s Badge. This is a requirement to ensure a safe campus!
- Early Dismissals: Most parents are really pretty good about this – but please make sure that you sign your child out at the front office if you are picking them up before dismissal. This includes if you come on campus at the end of the day at 2:35 when the gates open for kindergarten. Although kindergarten is released at 2:35, 1st-6th grade is still in session until 2:45 p.m. Teachers are directed to not release students to anyone without a phone call from the office or a dismissal slip. Thank you in advance for cooperating with this safety protocol.
- Excused Early Dismissals for Doctor’s Appointments: If your child has a doctor’s appointment 30 minutes or more before dismissal, having a doctor’s note is required for the early dismissal to be excused. You can bring that note in the following day if necessary, however, making sure that you have this will be critical so that it does not affect your child’s attendance. Thanks for helping us with this policy!
- Reserved Parking: Please do not park in the spaces marked “reserved”. Sometimes office personnel leave campus in the middle of the day to go to a meeting, and when they return they find that someone has parked in their spot. Thank you so much!
- Birthday Treats: I know this is a tough one, but per the District Wellness Policy, we do not allow food of any kind (healthy or unhealthy) for Birthday celebrations. If you wish to recognize your child’s birthday, please notify the teacher in advance if you will be bringing any nonfood items to share, like pencils, stickers, etc. Unfortunately, if you do bring food, we will ask that you kindly take it back with you. The good news is that the Wellness Policy does allow for 2 class parties per year with food – so those celebrations that are directed by the classroom teacher or Room Parent are times when you can share yummy treats! For more information on the Wellness Policy, please visit the Wellness Policy tab on this site.
- Class Observations: Please make appointments to observe in a classroom in advance. The principal or Associate Principal will accompany you during your visit. Thank you for following this protocol.
- Health Office Confidentiality: The Health Office is a place where confidential information about a child is attended to whether it is regarding illness, medications, or injuries. To respect each student and family’s privacy, we ask that you only enter the health office to take care of your child’s attendance or health needs. Thank you for respecting the confidentiality and privacy of our Salt Creek families.
I hope that these friendly reminders help clarify some protocols and procedures for everyone. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the above items, or would like to learn more, please contact the school office. Thanks so much!!!!