- The 2013/14 Yearbook Supplements (add-in pages) have arrived. Students should have brought these home sometime last week. If you do not receive your pages by Wednesday, August 13th please visit the office. Our secretary, Vanessa, has a list of students who ordered yearbooks last year. If your name is on the list, we will have a supplement for you to pick up.
- Box Tops are back. Please start saving your Box Tops. This is one of our easiest fundraising opportunities. In the next few weeks the grade level tubes will be back out in the MPR, and your students can start dropping their Box Tops off. As always, we challenge each grade level to try and out-do the other!
Week At a Glance
- Tuesday, August 12th – 6:30 to 8 pm in the MPR – PTG 2014/2015 Budget Meeting
What’s Coming Up in August?
PTG Budget Meeting
- Tuesday, August 12th – 6:30 pm to 8 pm in the MPR – The PTG Board meets to discuss budgetary needs and finalize the budget for the 2014/15 year.
Gate Orientation Meeting
- Tuesday, August 19th – 6pm in the MPR – Parents can find out more information about our GATE program at this information-filled meeting.
- Thursday, August 21st – in the MPR – Send your kids to school ready to smile and say Cheese!
- Thursday, August 21st – Rubio’s on Eastlake Parkway 2 pm to Close – Not only are Restaurant Nights a great fundraising opportunity for our school, but they are also a GREAT excuse not to do any cooking. Our first restaurant night this year is at Rubio’s (near the WalMart.) The PTG will host a different restaurant night each month. A flyer will come home to remind you. Take this flyer with you to the restaurant on the advertised date, and the restaurant will send any where from 10% to 20% of your total bill back to the school. Hurray!
Gate Orientation Meeting
- Thursday, August 21st – 9 am location TBA – If you missed the first meeting, than feel free to attend this second informational meeting regarding the GATE program at Salt Creek.
- Tuesday, August 26th – 8:30 am to 10:30 am in the MPR – This popular assembly returns to Salt Creek. Students will meet in the MPR to enjoy this 45 minute presentation. NED inspires students to Never Give UP, Encourage Others, & Do their Best!
- Thursday, August 28th – 8am in front of the school – Spirit Tags will go on sale at 8 am. Spirit Tags cost $1 each. Come out and see what’s new.
Picture Day (the Make-up Session)
- Thursday, August 28th – 8:30 am in the MPR – If your child missed picture day on August 21st, today’s the day for a do-over.