Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful Salt Creek Moms! I hope you had a fantastic day!
Last week was the nationally recognized “Teacher Appreciation Week.” Due to testing, training and field trip schedules we have moved our Teacher Appreciation Luncheon to this Thursday, May 15th. So if you were worried that you missed Teacher Appreciation Week, please feel free to join the PTG in continuing the celebration of our teachers! Just pick a day , and show your teachers some love!
Spring Carnival is happening this Friday after school. To get wristbands for the reduced price of $12, please return your order form and your payment to school by Friday morning. You don’t want to miss this event, which is the culmination of another great school year. There will be a little something for everyone. Rides – games – DUNK TANK – Food AND Other carnival treats! We really hope to see you there!
Here is your Week at a Glance!
- Tuesday, May 13th – 3pm in the MPR – PTG Board Meeting
- Wednesday, May 14th – Morning recess – Mission 2 $ave by Mision Federal
- Thursday, May 15th – Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Friday, May 16th –5 pm to 8 pm on the Black Top – Spring Carnival
Save the Date for May & June
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, May 13th – 3 pm in the MPR
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, May 14th – Morning Recess on the Black Top – If your children have been saving their pennies they can open an account with Mission Federal and make their deposits during their morning recess time.
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Thursday, May 15th – Teacher & Staff Appreciation Luncheon – Hosted by the PTG and catered by Phil’s BBQ!
- Friday, May 16th – 5 pm to 8 pm – Join us on the black top for the final celebration – Spring Carnival – of the the 2013 – 2014 school year. This year’s event will have something for everyone.
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, May 21st – Morning Recess on the Black Top – If your children have been saving their pennies they can open an account with Mission Federal and make their deposits during their morning recess time.
- Wednesday, May 21st – 2 pm to Close at Rubio’s – Join us at Rubio’s on Eastlake Parkway (by the Walmart) for our final Restaurant Night of the school year.
- Thursday, May 22nd – 6 pm in the MPR – Final performance open to all children and parents. All participants have been informed of the dress rehearsal dates and times. If your child is participating, but you are NOT aware of these dates please check the calendar on this website.
Ice Cream Social and Tile Fundraiser
- Wednesday, May 28th – 6 pm at the Lunch Tables – Joins the PTG for our annual ice cream social and meet the new PTG board members. This year we are also adding a Tile Fundraiser in honor of Salt Creek Elementary’s 10th Anniversary. Families can purchase tiles to paint, and then a tile wall be created at the school. More info to follow.
- Friday, May 3oth – 8:30 am on the black top
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, June 3rd – 6 pm in the MPR – Board meeting to bid farewell to resigning board members and to welcome the new board members.
6th Grade Promotion
- Thursday, June 5th – More info to follow
Last Day of School
- Friday, June 6th – School day ends at 1:15
Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.