Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have one (1) 2012/13 yearbook left. So if you missed out on purchasing LAST year’s yearbook, it can be yours for $20. This is a first come, first serve offer. Please contact Beckie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Pennies for Pasta continues. The change boxes came home. Many classrooms are already counting up their coins. Help your child fill his or her box, and return it to school. There is an Olive Garden prize for the classroom with the largest donation. Deadline is March 14th. I heard a rumor that Mrs. Fallon’s class is in the lead!
Volunteers Needed for Mrs. Nelson’s Book Fair! Contact Ruchi at email@example.com.
Here is your Week at a Glance!
- Monday, March 10th – Student Council sponsored Spirit Week– Spirit Week starts on Monday. Check out the independent post that will follow the weekly update for more info.
- Monday, March 10th – Mrs. Nelson’s Book Fair in the MPR – Mrs. Nelson’s Book Fair opens to the public Monday at 2:45 pm. New Book Fair means New Book Choices! Check out the independent post sent out earlier for volunteer info and shopping times.
- Wednesday, March 12th – Mission 2 $ave – Students looking to deposit any amount of money into the Mission Federal accounts they have set up can do so through a volunteer who will collect money each Wednesday during morning recess times.
- Thursday, March 13th – Minimum Day – Parent/Teacher Conferences are beginning. School gets out at 1:15.
- Friday, March 14th – Minimum Day – Parent/Teacher Conferences are beginning. School gets out at 1:15.
- Friday, March 14th – Box Tops Deadline – Turn in any Box Tops you have been saving to the grade level tubes in the MPR.
Save the Date for March & April
Mrs. Nelson’s Book Fair
- Monday, March 10 – 14th– in the MPR – Book Fair – Come and check out our new book fair – Mrs. Nelson’s Book Fair.
Minimum Day Schedule for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, March 13th – Friday March 21st – Minimum Day – Parent/Teacher Conferences are being scheduled. Check with your child’s teacher to confirm your time. School gets out at 1:15 pm each day during this time frame, so please make the appropriate arrangements for your child.
Box Tops Deadline
- Friday, March 14th – Box Tops Deadlines – If you have been collecting Box Tops for our school, now is the time to turn them in. Box Tops can be dropped off in the grade level tubes in the MPR. The winning grade will be announced on March 17th.
6th Grade Camp
- Monday, March 17th to Friday, March 21st – Camp Marsten – This year our 6th graders are off for 5 fun-filled days of learning in the great outdoors.
3rd Quarter Assembly
- Thursday, March 20th – 3rd Quarter Assembly – The Awards Assembly for our lower grades will take place. Teachers will let parents know who will receive awards this quarter, so start checking backpacks. The Awards schedule is as follows:
- Kindergarten: 8:30 am
- 1st grade: 9:00 am
- 2nd grade: 10:00 am
- Friday, March 21st – 3rd Quarter Assembly – The Awards Assembly for our upper grades (excluding 6th graders who will be at camp) will take place. Teachers will let parents know who will receive awards this quarter, so start checking backpacks. The Awards schedule is as follows:
- 3rd grade: 8:30 am
- 4th grade: 9:00
- 5th grade: 9:30
- Monday, March 24th to Sunday, April 6th – Spring Break
First Day Back From Break
- Monday, April 7th – Welcome back!
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, April 8th – 3 pm in the MPR – The PTG Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month to discuss the issues of the day.
Talent Show Auditions
- Wednesday, April 16th or Thursday, April 17th – 3-5 pm in the MPR – Individual and group talent show competitors have all of spring break to practice, so please come prepared to perform at your assigned time slot. Finalists will compete at our Showcase Spectacular on May 1, 2014.
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.