Happy February! Sorry this is so late — I had a girl scout cookie frenzy this morning and totally forgot about this post. Hope everyone is enjoying the SuperBowl Game!
IMPORTANT! MINIMUM DAY Reminder: Next Thursday, February 13th (before the extra long weekend) is a minimum day. School ends at 1:15 pm. Don’t forget to make arrangements for your kids.
Here is your Week at a Glance!
- Monday, February 3rd – Before and After School – Valentine’s Dance Ticket Sales!
- Tuesday, February 4th – 3 pm in the MPR – PTG Board Meeting
- Wednesday, February 5th – 8 am – Mission 2 $ave Bank Representatives are back to collect your account application forms and help your kids start their bank account.
- Thursday, February 6th – 8:30 am in the MPR – Coffee Chat with the Principal – Topic: Disaster Preparedness.
- Friday, February 7th – 6 pm to 8 pm in the MPR – Magical Memories Valentine’s Dance
- Thursday, February 13th – Minimum Day – School gets out at 1:15 pm.
Save the Date for February & March:
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, February 4th – 3pm in the MPR – The PTG Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month to discuss the issues of the day.
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, February 5th – 8 am – Normally, the weekly Mission 2 $ave will be collected during the morning recess (starting at 9:35 am), however, this week our Mission 2 $ave bank representatives will be back to collect any remaining account application forms.
Coffee Chat with Mrs. Perez
- Thursday, February 6th – 8:30 am in the MPR – Join our Principal, Mrs. Perez, to discuss different topics that affect our school. This month’s topic is Disaster Preparedness.
Valentine’s Dance – Magical Memories
- Friday, February 7th – 6pm to 8 pm in the MPR – Dress up and bring your kids to school to enjoy some music and dancing. Parents must attend this event with their children.
District Spelling Bee
- Saturday, February 8th – On Saturday, February 1st we held our 2nd Annual Salt Creek Spelling Bee. And I would have to say it was quite a success. Of course, we are still working out some of the glitches, but we are trying to run this spelling bee as professionally as possible. Each year we are making improvements. Thank you to all of the parents for your patience and understanding as we get this annual event up and running. Thank you to all the teachers for all of your support! On Saturday, February 8th the top spellers from each grade will be attending the District Spelling Bee. If you are interested in going out to watch, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet Safety Presentation
- Tuesday, February 11th – 6pm at Eastlake Middle School – Internet safety is a concern for all parents. In the face of fast-moving social media movement, this seminar aims to show parents what they need to know about the internet when it comes to their children. This internet safety seminar covers topics like cyberbullying, facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Kik and more. THIS EVENT IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN, SO PLEASE DO NOT BRING THEM TO THIS EVENT.
- Thursday, February 13th – Minimum Day – School ends at 1:15 pm. Don’t forget to make arrangements for your children.
Extra-long Weekend: No School – Lincoln & Washington Day
- Friday, February 14th – No School for Lincoln Day
- Monday, February 17th – No School for Washington Day
- Wednesday, February 19th & Thursday, February 20th – in the MPR – Come on out and check out the unique and creative science projects/experiments created by our students.
- Tuesday, March 4th – 6 pm in the MPR – PTG Board Meeting – The PTG Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month to discuss the issues of the day.
- Monday, March 10 – 14th– in the MPR – Book Fair – Come and check out our new book fair – Mrs. Nelson’s Book Fair.
- Monday, March 24th to Sunday, April 6th – Spring Break
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at email@example.com.