Happy New Year, Salt Creek Families! I hope you had a fantastic break!
Remember school starts promptly at 8:15 tomorrow (Tuesday, January 14th.) With that in mind, I would like to remind everyone that the school bus zone is no longer available for pick up or drop off as per CVPD regulations. Traffic WILL get busy tomorrow morning. As we all scramble to drag our kids out of bed and get them ready for school, our best bet is to plan to arrive at school a few minutes earlier than usual. This might help avoid any parking and traffic snafus. The drop off lane gets pretty busy, and by 8 am the parking lot gets quite full. Don’t forget – Another option is to park down on Hawthorne Creek Drive (by the firehall) and walk up to the school.
Here is your Week at a Glance!
- Tuesday, January 14th – 6pm in the MPR – PTG Meeting
- Thursday, January 16th – 6 pm in the MPR– Coffee Chat with Mrs. Perez
- Monday, January 20th – NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King, Jr Day
See Below for more information on these events and others.
Save the Date for December & January
First Day Back
- Tuesday, January 14th – 8:15 am – Welcome Back to School!
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, January 14th – 6 pm – The PTG Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month.
Coffee Chat with the Principal
- Thursday, January 16th – 6 pm – Join Mrs. Perez for World Cafe. This is a continuation of the December Coffee Chat where the group discussed different topics at Salt Creek. Some of the topics included Parking, Attendance/Tardiness, & School Uniforms just to name a few.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, January 20th – No School
- Wednesday, January 22nd – 2 pm to close at Rubio’s – Bring your family and join us at Rubio’s on Eastlake Parkway near Walmart.
Family Bingo Night
- Wednesday, January 29th – 6 pm in the MPR – More information to follow in the 2014.
- Saturday, February 1st – 8:30 am in the MPR – Our classroom winners have been announced. The top three competitors from each classroom will now compete to see who will move on to the next level. Top 3 students from each grade will attend the District Spelling Bee on February 8th.
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, February 4th – 3pm in the MPR – The PTG Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month to discuss the issues of the day.
Coffee Chat with Mrs. Perez
- Thursday, February 6th – 8:30 am in the MPR – Join our Principal, Mrs. Perez, to discuss different topics that affect our school. This month’s topic is TBA.
- Friday, February 7th – 5 pm to 7 pm in the MPR – Dress up and bring your kids to school to enjoy some music and dancing. Parents must attend this event with their children.
Extra-long Weekend: No School – Lincoln & Washington Day
- Friday, February 14th – No School for Lincoln Day
- Monday, February 17th – No School for Washington Day
- Wednesday, February 19th & Thursday, February 20th – in the MPR – Come on out and check out the unique and creative science projects/experiments created by our students.
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at email@example.com.