My apologies for the lateness of this post! I had a LL baseball game and a kid with an injured foot to take care of before I could get this done!
- Scholastic Book Fair will take place September 16th to 18th. Come on out and stock up on books for the Fall Break!! We are looking for volunteers to help with this event. Hourly time-slots available plus a volunteer incentive program!
- Minimum Days for Parent-Teacher Conferences will continue this Monday, September 16th to Friday, September 20th. Don’t forget to make arrangements to have your child picked up at 1:15 pm on those days. Thanx!
- PTG Membership Drive will take place September 16th to September 20th. If you join the PTG any time between July 20th and September 20th, your name will be entered to win a Samsung Tab 3. Draw to be made on Tuesday, October 8th during morning assembly.
- Apex Fun Run has wrapped up and was a great success. Big thank you goes out to the all parent volunteers, the very enthusiastic student runners and to everyone who donated money to our kids! We are still collecting pledge money at the school! The deadline for collection is Wednesday, September 18th.
Here is this week at a glance.
- Tuesday, September 16th – Wednesday, September 18th: Scholastic Book Fair
- Wednesday, September 18th: Restaurant Night at Chick-Fil-A
- Thursday, September 19th: 1st Quarter Award Assembly – Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- Friday, September 20th: 1st Quarter Award Assembly – 4th Grade to 6th Grade
- Saturday, September 21st: Safety Patrol Night at Petco Park
- Saturday, September 21st – October 7th: Fall Break
Save the Date for September & October:
- September 21st – October 7th – Enjoy your Fall Break!
- Tuesday, October 8th: First Day back from Break
- Tuesday, October 8th: PTG Board Meeting, 3 pm in MPR
- Thursday, October 10th: Coffee with the Principal, 8:30 am in the MPR
- Friday, October 25th: Fall Festival
If you need more information on some of these events, keep reading. If you can’t find the information you need please contact email@example.com.
Girls on the Run
- Tuesday, September 10th – 3 pm at the lunch tables – Girls on the Run is a great program uses running to help girls build positive self-esteem and lasting friendships. Still a few spots left. Register by visiting www.gotrsd.org or by calling 619-813-9020.
Apex Fun Run
- Wednesday, September 18th – Please help your child collect his/her pledged money by Wednesday, September 18th. Money can be paid online through PayPal – just follow the instructions at the bottom of your collection envelope. Or you can return cash or check pledges – payable to Salt Creek PTG – in the collection envelope that was sent home with your child on Friday.
- Thursday, September 12th – Friday, Septembe 20th: Parent-teacher conferences are important. Teachers will be sending notices home, so you can pick a convenient time to meet your child’s teacher.
Scholastic Book Fair
- Monday, September 16th – Wednesday, September 18th – MPR – This event will run concurrently with the Parent-Teacher Conferences, so stop by and pick up a couple of books for your kids to read over Fall Break!
- Wednesday, September 18th – Chick-Fil-A Restaurant, 5 to 8 pm– Let’s follow-up the success of our first restaurant night by joining us at Chick-Fil-A in September. Treat your family to dinner and don’t forget to place your receipt in the box by the register. 20% of your total receipt will be donated back to the Salt Creek PTG.
1st Quarter Awards Assembly
- Thursday, September 19th – Kindergarten to 3rd Grade.
- Friday, September 20th – 4th Grade to 6th Grade.
- Teachers will be sending home notices with the children who will be receiving awards in the first quarter.
Fiesta de Las Americas
- This event has been postponed until sometime in the spring. Stay tuned for more details.
Safety Patrol Night at Petco Park
- Saturday, September 21st – 5:40 at Petco Park – Join members of our Safety Patrol Team to watch the Padres play the Dodgers! Deadline for ticket orders was Friday, September 13th.
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, October 8th – MPR at 3 pm – Do you have concerns or comments regarding the way the year is shaping up so far? Then join us for our monthly meeting and let the PTG know about your concerns. Not a PTG member yet? Purchase a membership while you are there!
Coffee with the Principal
- Thursday, October 10th – 8:30 am in the MPR – Join our new principal, Lalaine Perez, to find out what is going on at your school. Topic to be announced soon.
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.