- Scholastic Book Fair will take place September 16th to 18th. My previous post had the wrong dates! Sorry about that.
- Minimum Days for Parent-Teacher Conferences will begin on Thursday, September 12th to Friday, September 20th. Don’t forget to make arrangements to have your child picked up at 1:15 pm on those days. Thanx!
- PTG Membership Drive will take place September 16th to September 20th.
Here is this week at a glance.
- Monday, September 9th: School Picture Order Deadline.
- Tuesday, September 10th: Girls on The Run after school program begins, 3 pm at the lunch table (See below for registration info).
- Thursday, September 12th to Friday, September 20th: Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Friday, September 12th: All pledged money must be turned in by this date.
- Friday, September 13th: 6th Grade Camp $100 Deposit Deadline
- Friday, September 13th: Box Tops Deadline.
Save the Date for September & October:
- Tuesday, September 16th – Wednesday, September 18th: Scholastic Book Fair
- Wednesday, September 18th: Restaurant Night at Chick-Fil-A
- Thursday, September 19th: 1st Quarter Award Assembly – Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- Friday, September 20th: 1st Quarter Award Assembly – 4th Grade to 6th Grade
- Saturday, September 21st: Safety Patrol Night at Petco Park
- Saturday, September 21st – October 7th: Fall Break
- Tuesday, October 8th: First Day back from Break
- Tuesday, October 8th: PTG Board Meeting, 3 pm in MPR
- Thursday, October 10th: Coffee with the Principal, 8:30 am in the MPR
- Friday, October 25th: Fall Festival
If you need more information on some of these events, keep reading. If you can’t find the information you need please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls on the Run
- Tuesday, September 10th – 3 pm at the lunch tables – Girls on the Run is a great program uses running to help girls build positive self-esteem and lasting friendships. Registration opened on Friday, August 30 and space is limited. Register by visiting www.gotrsd.org or by calling 619-813-9020.
Apex Fun Run
- Thursday, September 12th – Please help your child collect his/her pledged money by Thursday, September 12th. Money can be paid online through PayPal – just follow the instructions at the bottom of your collection envelope. Or you can return cash or check pledges – payable to Salt Creek PTG – in the collection envelope that was sent home with your child on Friday.
6th Grade Camp
- Friday, September 13th – The $100 deposits for this year’s 6th Grade Camp is due to your child’s homeroom teacher. The remaining balance of $155 will be due by Friday, December 13th.
- The 6th Grade Camp has been booked at Camp Marston from Monday, March 17th to Friday, March 21, 2014.
Box Tops Deadline
- Friday, September 13th – MPR – Keep collecting your Box Tops. Your kids can drop them off in the grade-level tubes located in the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Thursday, September 12th – Friday, Septembe 20th: Parent-teacher conferences are important. Teachers will be sending notices home, so you can pick a convenient time to meet your child’s teacher.
Scholastic Book Fair
- Monday, September 16th – Wednesday, September 18th – MPR – This event will run concurrently with the Parent-Teacher Conferences, so stop by and pick up a couple of books for your kids to read over Fall Break!
- Wednesday, September 18th – Chick-Fil-A Restaurant, 5 to 8 pm– Let’s follow-up the success of our first restaurant night by joining us at Chick-Fil-A in September. Treat your family to dinner and don’t forget to place your receipt in the box by the register.
1st Quarter Awards Assembly
- Thursday, September 19th – Kindergarten to 3rd Grade – Time TBA
- Friday, September 20th – 4th Grade to 6th Grade – Time TBA
- Teachers will be sending home notices with the children who will be receiving awards in the first quarter.
Fiesta de Las Americas
- This event has been postponed until sometime in the spring. Stay tuned for more details.
Safety Patrol Night at Petco Park
- Saturday, September 21st – 5:40 at Petco Park – Join members of our Safety Patrol Team to watch the Padres play the Dodgers! Deadline for ticket orders in Friday, September 13th.
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, October 8th – MPR at 3 pm – Do you have concerns or comments regarding the way the year is shaping up so far? Then join us for our monthly meeting and let the PTG know about your concerns. Not a PTG member yet? Purchase a membership while you are there!
Coffee with the Principal
- Thursday, October 10th – 3 pm in the MPR – Join our new principal, Lalaine Perez, to find out what is going on at your school. Topic to be announced soon.
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at email@example.com.