- The Fiesta de las Americas has been postponed until the Spring. Date to be determined. Stay tuned for more info.
- PTG Membership Drive is coming soon. More information to follow.
Here is this week at a glance.
- Monday, September 2nd: Labor Day – No School
- Tuesday, September 3rd: PTG Board Meeting, 6 pm in the MPR
- Wednesday, September 4th: Apex Fun Run
- Thursday, September 5th: Coffee with the principal – 6 pm
- Friday, September 6th: Fall Festival Committee Meeting – Noon in the MPR
Save the Date for September & October:
- Monday, September 9th: School Picture Order Deadline
- Tuesday, September 10th: Girls on the Run after school program begins, 3 pm at the lunch tables (See below for registration info)
- Tuesday, September 10th: 4th & 5th Grade Sacramento Field Trip Info Meeting 6:30 – 7:30 in the MPR
- Friday, September 13th: 6th Grade Camp $100 Deposit Deadline
- Friday, September 13th: Box Tops Deadline
- Thursday, September 12th to Thursday, September 19th: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, September 17th – Thursday, September 19th: Scholastic Book Fair
- Wednesday, September 18th: Restaurant Night at Chick-Fil-A
- Saturday, September 21st: Safety Patrol Night at Petco Park
- Saturday, September 21st – October 7th: Fall Break
- Tuesday, October 8th: First Day back from Break
- Tuesday, October 8th: PTG Board Meeting, 3 pm in MPR
- Thursday, October 10th: Coffee with the Principal, 8:30 am in the MPR
- Friday, October 25th: Fall Festival
If you need more information on some of these events, keep reading. If you can’t find the information you need please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, September 3rd – MPR at 6 pm – Do you have concerns or comments regarding the way the year is shaping up so far? Then join us for our monthly meeting and let the PTG know about your concerns. Not a PTG member yet? Purchase a membership while you are there!
Apex Fun Run
- Wednesday, September 4th – on the soccer field – The Apex Fun Run Team will set up a track in the grassy field. Each grade will be assigned a time to run the track. Come on out and cheer your runner on! Or help the Apex Fun Run team help count laps! The running schedule will be posted soon.
Coffee with the Principal
- Thursday, September 5th – 6 pm in the MPR – Join our new principal, Lalaine Perez, to find out what is going on at your school. Topic to be announced soon.
Girls on the Run
- Tuesday, September 10th – 3 pm at the lunch tables – Girls on the Run is a great program uses running to help girls build positive self-esteem and lasting friendships. Registration opened on Friday, August 30 and space is limited. Register by visiting www.gotrsd.org or by calling 619-813-9020.
6th Grade Camp
- Friday, September 13th – The $100 deposits for this year’s 6th Grade Camp is due to your child’s homeroom teacher. The remaining balance of $155 will be due by Friday, December 13th.
- The 6th Grade Camp has been booked at Camp Marston from Monday, March 17th to Friday, March 21, 2014.
Box Tops Deadline
- Friday, September 13th – MPR – Keep collecting your Box Tops. Your kids can drop them off in the grade-level tubes located in the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Thursday, September 12th – Thursday, September 19th: Parent-teacher conferences are important. Teachers will be sending notices home, so you can pick a convenient time to meet your child’s teacher.
Scholastic Book Fair
- Tuesday, September 17th – Thursday, September 19th – MPR – This event will run concurrently with the Parent-Teacher Conferences, so stop by and pick up a couple of books for your kids to read over Fall Break!
- Wednesday, September 18th – Chick-Fil-A Restaurant – Let’s follow-up the success of our first restaurant night by joining us at Chick-Fil-A in September. More information will follow soon.
Fiesta de Las Americas
- This event has been postponed until sometime in the spring. Stay tuned for more details.
Safety Patrol Night at Petco Park
- Saturday, September 21st – 5:40 at Petco Park – Join members of our Safety Patrol Team to watch the Padres play the Dodgers! More info – including order form and deadline – coming soon.
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at email@example.com.