Good Morning, Everyone!
The Big News This Week:
On Monday, August 26th, Apex Fun Run team will be here to help us launch our first ever Apex Fun Run. The event will kick off with a fantastic Pep Rally!
This is our first year working with the Apex Fun Run team, and we are pretty excited. This is a huge fundraising opportunity for our school. And since the PTG is working hard to raise money to build a proper running track at the school, we thought the Apex Fun Run would be an appropriate kick-start to our fundraising!
Some people have expressed sadness about the departure of our traditional Fun Run, and we get that! The traditional Salt Creek Fun Run was a fantastic family event! We want you to know that we have not completely discarded the idea of this Family Fun Run! There is potential to run this event in the spring when temperatures are a bit cooler. But because we are a busy PTG, we would need a parent to volunteer to take charge of this “possible” spring event. If you are interested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is your PTG update for the upcoming week.
Apex Fun Run Pep Rally
- Monday, August 26th – The black top @ 8:30 a.m. – The pep rally will kick off a two-week fundraising campaign. Some of the money raised will be put towards the new running track the PTG would like to build at the school.
- The kids are encouraged to collected pledges from friends and family. Pledges can be “per lap” or a “lump sum” amount. Keep in mind, the average kid will run between 25 and 35 laps.
- The actual run will happen on Wednesday, September 4th. Each class will be allotted a certain amount of time to run as many laps as possible. We love this event because all of the kids can participate!
Make-Up Picture Day
- Thursday, August 29th – If you child missed picture day last week, do not worry. The photographers will be back to catch anyone that they missed.
Save the Date
Here are some other events currently scheduled for September and October.
- September 21st – October 7th – Last day of school before Fall Break will be Friday, September 20th. School will resume on Tuesday, October 8th.
PTG Board Meeting
- Tuesday, September 3 – MPR at 6 pm – Join us for our monthly meeting.
Apex Fun Run
- Wednesday, September 4th – on the soccer field – The Apex Fun Run Team will set up a track in the grassy field. Each grade will be assigned a time to run the track.
Box Tops Deadline
- Friday, September 13th – MPR – Keep collecting your Box Tops. Your kids can drop them off in the grade-level tubes located in the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Parent-teacher conferences are coming up. I will confirm the exact dates and post them next week. This is an important reminder that while parent-teacher conferences are going on, those days will be minimum days. Please arrange to have your children picked up at 1:15 on those days.
Scholastic Book Fair
- Tuesday, September 17th – Thursday, September 19th – MPR – This event will run concurrently with the Parent-Teacher Conferences, so stop by and pick up a couple of books for your kids to read over Fall Break!
- Wednesday, September 18th – Chick-Fil-A Restaurant – Let’s follow-up the success of our first restaurant night by joining us at Chick-Fil-A in September. More information will follow soon.
Fiesta de Las Americas
- Thursday, September 19th – on the blacktop from 3 – 6 pm – This is event will celebrate the cultures of several Hispanic countries. There will be food, games, and crafts. There will also be performances or presentations organized by each grade. This is guaranteed to a fantastic evening – and you won’t have to go home and make dinner.
- The Fiesta de Las Americas is looking for parent volunteers. If you are interested, please contact Senora Sanchez as soon as possible.
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at email@example.com.
Due to the size of this Weekly Update, information regarding our eScrip, BoxTops & Target fundraising programs are being moved to their own post. It will come out later today.
Have a great week, everyone.