WOW! We need to send a big thank you out to everyone who came out and supported this year’s first Restaurant Night at Rubio’s! Our fantastic restaurant night coordinator, Michelle Duarte, stopped by Rubio’s on Friday morning to see how it went! Way to Go! We raised $443.55 for the school! Thank you, Salt Creek families. Our next Restaurant Night will be on September 19th at Chick-Fil-A. More details will follow shortly!
This week’s post is a big one, so pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Important! Our new librarian, Mrs Tehrani, is looking for design and decoration specialists to volunteer some time to help her spruce up our school library. If you have some free time and you are handy with a paint brush and a stencil, please stop by and see her. Or you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you coordinate a time.
Here is your PTG update for the upcoming week.
PTG Budget Approval Meeting
- Tuesday, August 20th – MPR – Meeting begins at 3 p.m. This is an important meeting. The PTG board will be going through the budget and making some big decisions regarding fundraising and spending. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Thursday, August 22nd – Send your kids to school ready to smile!
Fall Festival Meeting
- Friday, August 23rd – MPR at Noon – In addition to being a fantastic family outing, the Fall Festival is the our school’s biggest fundraiser. We are always looking for volunteers to help this event run smoothly. If you can help out please contact us at email@example.com or just join us at our first meeting. Everyone is welcome.
Save the Date
Here are some other events currently scheduled for August and September.
Apex Fun Run Pep Rally Kick Off
- Monday, August 26th – MPR – Two weeks until we kick off our first ever Apex Fun Run. If you would like more information on what our new Fun Run is all about please check out this link: APEX FUN RUN
- Thursday, September 19th – Chick-Fil-A Restaurant – Let’s follow-up the success of our first restaurant night by joining us at Chick-Fil-A in September. More information will follow soon.
- eScrip Membership – eScrip Membership Sign-up: Did you have an eScrip membership last year? Your membership expired on July 31, 2013. Please renew your membership or sign-up for the first time at http://www.escrip.com/. Our school account # is 164756626.
- DID YOU KNOW? If you register your VONS card with the eScrip program, 10% of what you spend will go back to the school, and help to support many of the programs the PTG runs. If you would like the PTG to register your VONS card for the eScrip program, we can certainly help you out. Please forward the following information firstname.lastname@example.org:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Zip Code
- Email Address
- Von’s Card Number
- Box Tops Competition – MPR – The deadline for our box tops competition is Friday, September 13. Have your child save as many box tops as possible and deposit them in the grade level tubes located in the MPR by this date.
- eBox Tops Persuasive Writing Contest – “Why does your school need 750,000 eBoxTops?” Answer this question in 500 characters or less and win big for your school. To enter follow this link: eBoxTops Contest.
- Target REDcard – Did you know that you can link your Target REDcard to Salt Creek Elementary School. By doing this 1% of what you spend will be donated back to the school and will help fund the many programs we offer. There are currently only 27 REDcards registered to our school, and those 27 cards have helped to raise approximately $700. Imagine what we could do if there were more REDcards linked to Salt Creek School!Registering your card is easy.
- Just follow this link: Target REDcard.
- Click “ENROLL.”
- Use our school ID (140944) to find Salt Creek Elementary and click “SELECT SCHOOL.”
- Follow the prompts to enter the information regarding your card and personal information.
VOILA! Now 1% of all of your Target purchases will be donated back to the school.
- Just follow this link: Target REDcard.
- Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are always needed. If you have some spare time and wish to help out around the school, contact Heavenly Daniel at email@example.com.
Have a great week, everyone.