Good Morning, Everyone!
We have finished up all of the grade level curriculum nights. We hope you were able to come down and meet your child’s teacher and take a quick look around the school.
This week’s post is a big one, so pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Here is your PTG update for the upcoming week.
- Thursday, August 15th – Rubio’s Restaurant – Our first restaurant night of the year kick’s off at Rubio’s Restaurant. Bring your family and friends down the the Rubio’s at 1480 Eastlake Parkway from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. This is a great night out after a busy day, PLUS 20% of your total bill will be donated back to the school.
eScrip Membership – eScrip Membership Sign-up: Did you have an eScrip membership last year? Your membership expired on July 31, 2013. Please renew your membership or sign-up for the first time at http://www.escrip.com/. Our school account # is 164756626.
DID YOU KNOW? If you register your VONS card with the eScrip program, 10% of what you spend will go back to the school, and help to support many of the programs the PTG runs.
If you would like the PTG to register your VONS card for the eScrip program, we can certainly help you out. Please forward the following information to email@example.com:
- FIRST NAME
- LAST NAME
- ZIP CODE
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- VONS CARD NUMBER
Target REDcard – Did you know that you can link your Target REDcard to Salt Creek Elementary School. By doing this 1% of what you spend will be donated back to the school and will help fund the many programs we offer. There are currently only 27 REDcards registered to our school, and those 27 cards have helped to raise approximately $700. Imagine what we could do if there were more REDcards linked to Salt Creek School!
Registering your card is easy.
- Just follow this link: Target REDcard.
- Click “ENROLL.”
- Use our school ID (140944) to find Salt Creek Elementary and click “SELECT SCHOOL.”
- Follow the prompts to enter the information regarding your card and personal information.
VOILA! Now 1% of all of your Target purchases will be donated back to the school.
Save the Date
Here are some other events currently scheduled for the month of August.
PTG Budget Approval Meeting
- Tuesday, August 20th – MPR – Meeting begins at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 22nd – Location to be determined
Fall Festival Meeting
- Friday, August 23rd – MPR at Noon – In addition to being a fantastic family outing, the Fall Festival is the our school’s biggest fundraiser. We are always looking for volunteers to help this event run smoothly. If you can help out please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or just join us at our first meeting. Everyone is welcome.
Apex Fun Run Pep Rally Kick Off
- Monday, August 26th – MPR – Two weeks until we kick off our first ever Apex Fun Run. If you would like more information on what our new Fun Run is all about please check out this link: APEX FUN RUN.
- Box Tops Competition – MPR – The deadline for our box tops competition is Friday, September 13. Have your child save as many box tops as possible and deposit them in the grade level tubes located in the MPR by this date.
- eBox Tops Persuasive Writing Contest – “Why does your school need 750,000 eBoxTops?” Answer this question in 500 characters or less and win big for your school. To enter follow this link: eBoxTops Contest.
- Volunteers Needed – We need volunteers for the following events: Morning and Afternoon Traffic Duty and Stamper for the Morning Walk at School. These are big jobs, but they can be made easier if we have more volunteers. If you want to help out around the school, and you are getting your kids there before 8 a.m. one of these jobs would be perfect for you. If you are interested, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Heavenly Daniel @ email@example.com.
Have a great week, everyone.