I hope everyone had a great weekend.
We were happy to have a such a great turn out at the first curriculum night on July 31st, and we look forward to seeing everyone else at the 3 curriculum nights coming up this week. Stop by the PTG tables at the back of the Multi-Purpose Room and say hello.
On Thursday or Friday your child should have brought home two important documents: Contact and Health Information Form and Student Disaster Information Form. These forms need to be filled out, signed and returned to the school by Monday, August 5th.
Here is your PTG update for the upcoming week.
Come out to meet your child’s teacher and to learn more about the curriculum in place for the upcoming year. Come a bit early so you can meet PTG members and purchase yearbooks, School Spiritwear and PTG memberships for the upcoming year.
- Tuesday, August 6th – Multi Purpose Room (MPR) – All 1st grade classes at 5:30 p.m. All 3rd grade classes at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 7th – MPR – All 2nd grade classes at 5:30 p.m. All 4th grade classes including Mrs. Parra (excluding Mrs. Haber) at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 8th – MPR – All 6th grade classes at 6:00 p.m.
eScrip Membership – eScrip Membership Sign-up: Did you have an eScrip membership last year? Your membership expired on July 31, 2013. Please renew your membership or sign-up for the first time at http://www.escrip.com/. Our school account # is 164756626.
Save the Date:
Here are some other events currently scheduled for the month of August.
PTG Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, August 6th – MPR – These meetings are open to the public. Meeting begins at 3 p.m
Room Parent meeting
- Friday, August 9th – MPR – If you have volunteered to be your child’s room parent please attend the Room Parent Information Meeting 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 15th – Rubio’s Restaurant – Our first restaurant night of the year kick’s off at Rubio’s Restaurant. Bring your family and friends down the the Rubio’s at 1480 Eastlake Parkway from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
PTG Budget Approval Meeting
- Tuesday, August 20th – MPR – Meeting begins at 3 p.m.
Apex Fun Run Pep Rally Kick Off
- Monday, August 26th – MPR – The Apex Fun Run will be a little different from our previous Fun Run events. More information will be coming soon.
- Box Tops Competition – MPR – The deadline for our box tops competition is Friday, September 13. Have your child save as many box tops as possible and deposit them in the grade level tubes located in the MPR by this date.
- 2012 – 2013 Yearbooks – There are a few yearbooks still remaining. If you child did order a yearbook for last year and wishes to do so now, there are order forms in the office. The cost for the yearbook is $20.
- Room Parent – Each classroom needs a room parent to help things run a bit more smoothly. If you are interested in this position, please let your child’s teacher know.
- Volunteers Needed – We need volunteers for the following events: Morning and Afternoon Traffic Duty and Stamper for the Morning Walk at School. These are big jobs, but they can be made easier if we have more volunteers. If you want to help out around the school, and you are getting your kids there before 8 a.m. one of these jobs would be perfect for you. If you are interested, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Heavenly Daniel.
Have a great week, everyone.