Update: Buses left at 10:40 this morning, so arrival time is still estimated to be around noon today. Thanks!
Our 6th graders will be arriving from camp at about noon on Friday. I’m sure you have missed your kiddos, but I know they were having a great time at camp. Check out some of the pictures!
ATTENTION! NOON DUTY SUPERVISOR TEST WILL BE ADMINISTERED THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 21, AT THE CVESD OFFICE. Please apply now if you are considering coming on board to be a Salt Creek Noon Duty Supervisor!
We need your help! We are in need of at least 2 Noon Duty Supervisors during lunch and lunch recess. Duties include ensuring safe play on playground, reporting incidences to health office or to classroom teacher, seating students during lunch and keeping order during transition, wiping down lunch tables and assisting students in opening food packages, and monitoring kindergarten recess. Rotating duties are shared among the Noon Duty team. Hours are 10:45 a.m.-1:45 p.m daily.
If you have a great rapport with kids and are skilled at keeping things smooth and orderly, then we would love for you to apply!
Please contact the front office to inquire about application procedures, or apply directly with the Chula Vista Elementary School District at (619) 425-9600.
Thank you so much!
Don’t forget to take the Parent Hanover Survey, and let us know how we are doing! CVESD is conducting an online parent survey through March 20th, 2015. With this survey, we hope to learn more about your experiences and your child(ren’s) experiences at school during this school year with teachers, administrators, students, and other District staff. All responses are anonymous and will never be connected to you – your answers will be kept strictly confidential. Reporting will rely on grouped percentages only. If both parents/guardians in a household would like to take the survey, that is fine. However, we ask that each adult only take the survey once, and do so by March 20th, 2015.
Click this link for Parent Hanover Survey – http://sgiz.mobi/s3/3b0d75adc92b
California Healthy Kids Survey:
Please help us gain a better understanding of the relationship between students’ health behaviors and academic performance by participating the California School Parent Survey.
The purpose of the California School Parent Survey is to obtain parent perceptions of school climate as they relate to student well-being, opportunities, and learning. The survey is a companion to the California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS), a comprehensive student health risk and resilience assessment tool for Grade 5 and the California School Climate Survey (CSCS) for staff*. All parents are given the opportunity to participate, regardless of which grades are being surveyed among students.
· Participation is voluntary. It is also very important. The information provided will help guide district and school efforts to promote safety, enhance learning supports, improve student achievement, and reduce health risks that stand as barriers to learning.
· This is an anonymous survey. It is designed so that participating parents/guardians cannot be identified from the data.
· All questions apply to this school only.
· The results are for the use of your district. The California Department of Education/CHKS will preserve data confidentiality and refer any data requests to the district.
For more information on the survey, please visit: http://chks.wested.org
Click here to take the survey: https://surveys.wested.org/csps/RF279NN
Salt Creek School Code is QF29QQ
The parking lot will be busier than usual tomorrow morning. Not only do we have Parent/Teacher conferences, but we also have the 6th graders leaving for camp. This means that more parents will be parking (and staying) at the school longer.
Here are some tips:
- Arrive early.
- Use the drop-off lane.
- Be prepared to park on the street and walk in.
Please have patience and drive with care.
Hi Everyone! One more week of school left before Spring Break. Please remember:
- It is early dismissal (1:15) every day this week.
- There will be Parent/Teacher conferences everyday before and after school.
- There will be Awards Assemblies taking place in the morning on Thursday (19th) & Friday (20th).
- All of this means that the Parking Lot will be a BUSY place. Either get there early to get a spot, be prepared to drive around & patiently wait for a spot to open OR park on the street and walk in to the school. BUT please make sure you follow the rules. Drop-offs in the middle of the parking lot are dangerous for everyone. Cars are backing up and drivers are concentrating on finding the next available spot, so please make sure you park and walk in with your kids if you are not using the drop-off lane. Thanx! And have a great Spring Break.
Week At a Glance
- Monday, March 16th – The PTG is still collecting money for the Read-a-thon. If you didn’t turn your pledges in on Friday, there is still time this week.
- Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th – Early dismissal – 1:15 pm
- Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, March 18th – 7:30 am in front of the school – Mission 2 $ave
- Thursday, March 19th & Friday, March 20th - in the MPR – 3rd Quarter Awards Assembly – Teachers will send home notices to the parents of children receiving awards.
- Thursday, March 19th – on the blacktop from 5pm to 7 pm – Fiesta de las Americas
- Friday, March 20th – This is the LAST day to order the 2014/2015 School Yearbook.
What’s Happening in March?
Parent/Teacher Conferences & Early Dismissal
- Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th – School dismisses at 1:15 each day. Notes are being sent home, so parents can arrange their conference times.
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, March 18th - 7:30 am in front of the school – Once again, Mission Federal Bank is here to help our Mountain Lions learn about the importance of saving. Kids can open accounts and make regular deposits (without going to the bank) every Wednesday for the entire school year.
Fiesta de las Americas
- Thursday, March 19th – On the Blacktop from 5pm to 7pm – The Salt Creek Dual Immersion program is hosting this event. Enjoy some delicious food, performances from Salt Creek Student and a silent auction.
- Thursday, March 19th & Friday, March 20th – Grade-level academic and citizenship awards will be handed out in the morning. Your teacher will notify you if your child is set to receive an award. Stay tuned for specific days and times. Beware! Parking will be intense on these days! So plan ahead.
Yearbook Order Deadline
- Friday, March 20th – This is the absolute last day to order the 2014/2015 Yearbook. Orders can be made on our PT-Avenue online store. If you are choosing to order online, but pay by cheque or cash, all money must be submitted by 1:15 pm on Friday, March 20th. Information about ordering Yearbooks was sent home in the backpacks last week. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, March 21st to Monday, April 5th – No School for Spring Break. School Resumes on Monday, April 6th at 8:15
- Monday, April 6th – School resumes at 8:15.
More information coming soon for these events:
- Talent Show
- Multi-cultural Fair
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- PTG Executive Board Elections
Our Salt Creek PTG Scholastic Book Fair is open from 12:00-2:00 p.m. this Saturday, March 14. Come by and make your final purchases and take advantage of the BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE special!
Great news…Spirit Tags are back! In honor of literacy month, we have new reading and book spirit tags. Spirit tags are $1 each and will be on sale before and after school tomorrow Friday, March 13th.
Calling all musicians, dancers, singers, and more. The talent show will be on Thursday, April 23rd. Audition sign-ups will be this week only. All forms must be turned in by FRIDAY, MARCH 13th to the main office.
Steps to sign up:
- Get an audition form.
- Read all guidelines.
- Get parent approval.
- Get teacher approval.
- Turn completed form (stapled with group) into the main office.
The form is attached and extras are also available in the main office.
Talent Show Flyer 2015
If you are looking to get more involved in life at Salt Creek Elementary, this will be the perfect opportunity.
A number of positions on the Salt Creek PTG Board are coming up for nomination including
- Director of Communications
- Director of Fundraising
- Director of Membership
Stay tuned for more information on these positions. Nomination forms will be coming home & posted online this week!
Fiesta de las Americas is a dual immersion event that is hosted at our school. All money raised will directly support the Dual Immersion Program.
This year’s event will be held on Thursday, March 19th from 5 to 7 pm.
Performances, entertainment and artworks will be provided by Salt Creek Dual Immersion students. There will also be food & a silent auction.
Don’t miss out on this fun family night out! It’s a great way to kick off our Spring Break.