Thank you all for your patience as we work with the Transportation Department to continue to improve the safety and efficiency of our bus route. We appreciate your feedback and communication with us. Attached is the most recent bus schedule for Salt Creek that will go into effect STARTING THIS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5. Items in RED indicate a revision.
Note that at the Lake Crest and Olympic Vista Rd. stop, students will now be picked up and dropped off at the NORTHWEST corner. This will allow bus drivers to safely cross students in front of the bus.
Note that students that use the Lake Crest Dr. and Old Janal Ranch Rd. stop will take BUS Z in the A.M. AND P.M.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and flexibility.
Join Mr. Kriss for nine weeks of our Monarch Butterfly Project! Space limited to 25-30 4th, 5th, and 6th grade GATE students. Turn in your permission slip to school office ASAP. First come, first served. See flyer for details!
Events of the upcoming week
- 3:00 PM PTG Board Meeting in the MPR
- Info Fair Paperwork Due to Your Teachers
- Minimum Day
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Aug 3rd-6th Curriculum Nights-Teachers will notify parents of day and time for each grade
- Aug 7th PTG Budget Vote
- Aug 26th Picture Day
- Aug 31st-Sep 4th Health and Fitness Week
- Sep 4th FUN RUN
- Sep 2nd Make-up Picture Day
- Sep 10th-18th Minimum Days-Conferences
- Sep 14th-16th Book Fair
- Sep 17th Primary Grades Awards Assembly
- Sep 18th Upper Grades Awards Assembly
- Sep 21st-Oct 5th Fall Break
- Oct 6th Students Return to School
PTG Online Store Information
- Purchase PTG membership, spirit wear, yearbooks, and more with credit card.
Online Store: https://www.pt-avenue.com/shopGP.asp?sc=SaltCreekPTG
New Member Registration: https://www.pt-avenue.com/selfaddR.asp?sc=SaltCreekPTG
Existing Member Updates: https://www.pt-avenue.com/parents.asp?schcode=SaltCreekPTG
PTG Volunteer Information
- Dedicated to volunteer opportunities at Salt Creek. Send email request to become a member.
What a great start to the new year! It was great to see everyone again, and we look forward to seeing you all during Curriculum Nights! On Curriculum Night, Mr. Cochran and I will welcome you in our Multipurpose Room, and we’ll let you know about all the great things that will be happening at Salt Creek this year! Afterwards, you’ll visit your child’s classroom where he/she will review classroom policies, curriculum, special projects, and ways you can volunteer and support. PTG will be present, and you’ll have another opportunity to become a member and purchase spirit wear. Childcare is also provided on the playground.
Thank you again!
Mrs. Perez, Principal
Here is the schedule:
- Monday, August. 3:
- Tuesday, August. 4:
- 5:30 3rd grade
- 6:30 2nd grade
- Wednesday, August. 5:
- 5:30 4th grade
- 6:30 Kindergarten
- Thursday, August. 6:
- 5:30 5th grade
- 6:30 6th grade
Hello Salt Creek Families,
Thank you for your patience as we work to rectify the bus schedule. Attached is the newest and most updated bus schedule for Salt Creek, which will start on Monday, July 27. Please note that the stop for Old Janal and Rambling Vista has be reinstated. The Lake Crest and Old Janal stop will remain as well for families that prefer that stop. In addition, if your child will use the Lake Crest and Olympic Vista stop, please have them wait in the southwest concrete area beyond the stop sign. Please also note that for the Babbling Brook and Winding Fence stop that bus L is the morning bus and bus T is the afternoon bus, except for minimum days, in which the afternoon bus will also be L. We sincerely apologize for the confusion, but do appreciate the community feedback and collaboration with our transportation department.
New to our our line up of After School Programs at Salt Creek are FitKids Flag Football and Hip Hop classes and Dr. Zhivago’s Cartoon & Animation using Vector Graphics with iPads. See flyers below for registration information.
Salt Creek FitKids Flyer and Registration Form
Hello Parents, Students, and the Salt Creek Community,
Welcome back to the 2015-16 school year. My name is Robert Cochran and I am excited to be joining the Salt Creek Elementary School team as the Associate Principal for the upcoming year. As a teacher, I taught grades Kindergarten, 1, 2, and also grades 6, 7, and 8. I have served as a District administrator for the past three years as a Coordinator with Instructional Services. I look forward to seeing you and your students on the first day of school and to working with you throughout the school year.
Salt Creek Elementary School
Hello Mountain Lions!
I hope that your summer is going well!!! The start of the new school year is fast approaching, and we invite you all to our Info Fair on Tuesday, July 21 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. here in our MPR. You will pick up your Information Packet and find out your classroom assignments, as well as meet our new PTG and have the opportunity to become a member! Please see the detailed letter from our PTG President Veronica Navarro below.
See you Tuesday!
Hello Salt Creek Families!
Last Week the CVESD approved our LCAP plan for the coming school year and that plan includes several benefits to our Salt Creek community. Here are the new materials and resources that your children will enjoy during the next school year:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Library Materials. Every school will get $5K for books and DI schools will get an additional $5K for Spanish books.
- Library Technology Technician (LTT)The district will fund more time for our LTT so that we have our librarian full-time, five days a week. Our LTT is already here 25 hours/week, so this funding will offset what we pay from our site budget.
- ELA Gap Materials – We will get $15 per child to purchase support materials in Language Arts while we await adoption of new ELA curriculum in 17-18.
- Go Math Textbook Purchase. This new math curriculum will be used in all classrooms and may be supplemented with our Eureka Math instructional materials.
- Achieve 3000 – This is a web-based tool to increase students’ access to non-fiction text and assist in increasing Lexile levels. Program licenses will be purchased for every student in Grades 3-6 and can be used at school and at home.
- SIPPS Training and materials for all teachers in Grades K-2. This is program builds Reading Foundational Skills and also serves as an intervention to support students not yet reading at grade level.
- Resource Teacher – The Resource Teacher position will continue to be funded to provide support and coaching for instructional improvement.
- GATE certification for teachers – The district is offering GATE certification for all teachers. Teachers who are currently in Grades 4-6 will have the priority since they provide direct services to GATE students.
- Extended Day and JumpStart Tutoring will continue for students who are below grade level in reading.
- Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Teachers for collaboration. We will hire 5 full-time VAPA positions that we will share with Veterans Elementary, which means every student will get 1/2 day of arts instruction every other week for the entire school year. Here are the positions we posted:
- Digital Media Arts/Technology
- Visual Arts
- Lenovo Tablets– We are getting 150 Lenovo Yoga machines every year for the next 4 years.
Social and Emotional Wellness
- Social Worker on campus 2 hours/week. She will work with target students needing counseling services that can be provided both in class and via pull out.
- Attendance Health – We received this 3-hour clerical support last year and it will continue to help us support the attendance and health needs of our 988 students.
What wonderful news for our District and school community. CVESD is hard at work to ensure that we provide the best educational experience for each student.
Enjoy the rest of your summer break!
Lani Perez, Principal