Week At a Glance
- Monday, March 2nd – Read-a-thon begins
- Wednesday, February 4th – 7:30 am in front of the school – Mission 2 $ave
What’s Happening in February?
- Monday, March 2nd – Pledge forms were sent home on Friday. The Read-a-thon will take place for two weeks. Students are encouraged to read, read, read and to collected pledges from friends and family.
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, March 4th - 7:30 am in front of the school – Once again, Mission Federal Bank is here to help our Mountain Lions learn about the importance of saving. Kids can open accounts and make regular deposits (without going to the bank) every Wednesday for the entire school year.
Scholastic Book Fair – BOGO Event
- Monday, March 9th to Friday, March 13th – We are excited to host our first ever BOGO (Buy one/get one of equal or lesser value free) Sale. Please stay tuned for a separate post that will list times. Also, we are looking for volunteers for this event. Even one or two hours of your time would help AND you will be rewarded with $5/hour in scholastic bucks! (This reward must be spent at this event). Please contact email@example.com for more info.
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, March 11th – 7:30 am in front of the school – Once again, Mission Federal Bank is here to help our Mountain Lions learn about the importance of saving. Kids can open accounts and make regular deposits (without going to the bank) every Wednesday for the entire school year.
Minimum Days – Parent/Teacher Conference
- Thursday, March 12th to Friday, March 20th – School dismisses at 1:15 each day. Notes are being sent home, so parents can arrange there conference times.
Mission 2 $ave
- Wednesday, March 18th – 7:30 am in front of the school – Once again, Mission Federal Bank is here to help our Mountain Lions learn about the importance of saving. Kids can open accounts and make regular deposits (without going to the bank) every Wednesday for the entire school year.
- Thursday, March 19th & Friday, March 20th – Grade level academic and citizenship awards will be handed out in the morning. Your teacher will notify you if your child is set to receive an award. Stay tuned for specific days and times.
Fiesta de las Americas
- Thursday, March 19th – after school – More information will follow soon.
- Saturday, March 21st to Monday, April 5th – No School for Spring Break. School Resumes on Monday, April 6th at 8:15
- Monday, April 6th – School resumes at 8:15.
Let’s celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday by kicking off our Literacy Week at Salt Creek! Reading is key to learning, and we are challenging all of our Mountain Lions to set individual reading goals for our Read-A-Thon that runs from now until March 13. Please look for your child’s Read-A-Thon Pledge Envelope, and set a goal to either pledge a penny for every page read, a dollar for every minute read, a dollar for every day read, or even flat donation – it’s up to you! We do have a goal to raise $5,000 which will go directly to support bringing back the ARTS to Salt Creek. To meet this goal, each student needs to raise at least $5.00. If every student raises $7.00 we can raise $7,000, and if every student raises $10.00, we can raise $10,000. I know that together we can make an impact on READING and the ARTS for our children – so I’m counting on all of our families to help us meet and exceed our goal!
Besides our Read-A-Thon, classrooms are encouraged to have special GUEST READERS and conduct AUTHOR STUDIES. On Friday, students and staff will wear RED/WHITE , we will have Window/Door ART Walk, and we will have our PTG Pajama Movie Night. Our Scholastic Book Fair will take place the following week.
We look forward to an exciting Literacy Week – thank you to all of our teachers, staff, parents, PTG, and our volunteers that help make this event happen!
What is the LCAP? The state’s LCFF (Local Control Funding Formula) replaced California’s finance system for K-12. Find out more about how this formula works, and how the LCAP (Local Control Accountability Plan) is designed and implemented to increase meeting the needs of all students. Community forums for parent and teacher participation are being held across the District. We invite you participate – please clink the link below to the CVESD website for meeting times and locations!
Click here for meeting times and locations!!!
Please use this flyer when you dine at Panera Bread on Wednesday, February 25th.
The Salt Creek PTG is pleased to announce that Panera Bread will be hosting Restaurant Night this Wednesday, February 25th from 4 to 8 pm.
All you need to bring with you is a healthy appetite and the Panera Bread flyer on your phone! The more Salt Creekers (and friends) who dine at Panera Bread on Wednesday evening the larger the proceeds that go back to our PTG to help support field trip transportation and other events! Please share your flyer with your friends and relatives!
- 20 – 30 flyers = 10% of the net sales
- 31 – 49 flyers = 15% of the net sales
- 50+ flyers = 20% of the net sales
So please join us this Wednesday evening! We look forward to seeing you there!
(Flyer will be published on separate post)
The 2015 Salt Creek Science Fair is Wednesday and Thursday, February 25th and 26th. Over 130 student projects on various scientific topics will be displayed in the MPR. Judges and student exhibitors will interact during the school day on Wednesday, and then that night, Wednesday, February 25th from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m., the Science Night festivities begin. The project area will be open to all for viewing. The theme this year is “Simple Machines.” A group of creative and talented GATE students will be docents at Science Night in exhibition booths to demonstrate simple machines and share hands-on activities. Come be a part of this exciting learning opportunity!
Also attending Science Night will be our honored guest, UTC Aerospace Systems (United Technologies Corporation) presenting an interactive exhibit of nacelles, thrust reversers, and pylons. The “Women in Aviation” outreach group will be teaching principles of “complex machines,” as well as discussing career possibilities for boys and girls in engineering and technology in aviation. They are bringing numerous hands-on displays for visitors to experience.
During the day on Thursday students will tour the project area with their class.
This year’s Science Fair promises to be one of the most fascinating, yet! Please come and be amazed!
Thank you to Mrs. Allinger and parent volunteer Mrs. Alison Halko for all of your hard work organizing this fantastic event!
Come cheer on our Mountain Lion Soccer Team as they begin the season with their first game this Thursday, Feb. 19 at 4:00 p.m. right here at Salt Creek. They will be playing against the Eastlake Eagles, and they would love to see you come support them! Here is the rest of the schedule for the season, all games start at 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, 2/19 Eastlake at Salt Creek
Thursday, 2/26 Discovery at Salt Creek
Thursday, 3/5 Salt Creek at Marshall
Thursday, 3/12 Salt Creek at Hedenkamp
Thursday, 3/19 Camarena at Salt Creek
Thursday, 4/9 Salt Creek at Olympic View
Thursday, 4/16 Veterans at Salt Creek
Thursday, 4/23 Salt Creek at McMillin
Thursday, 4/30 Feaster at Salt Creek
Join us this Friday for our annual Jump Rope for Heart event! During recess, boys and girls can jump to great music while raising money for the American Heart Association! Our goal is to raise $7,000 to support research and education to prevent stroke and heart disease. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and you can even bring your own jump rope! See the flyer below for details about how to earn life-saving “ducks”, how to join our online team, and how to turn in your donations! Thanks to everyone for your support!
Wear your best smile this Thursday for Spring Pictures!! See flyer below for details!
We look forward to seeing all of our Military Families at our first Military Café and Resource Fair! There will be refreshments, snacks, and a craft table for kids to make cards for our service men and women who are deployed. Please respond to the blog below or email the principal at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be attending. We are hoping for a great representation from our Military community! This is a great way to get connected, especially if you are new to Salt Creek!