Birthday spirit tag grams are a great way to celebrate your child’s birthday!
Follow these simple directions:
- Get a form when spirit tags are on sale or in the office (PTG slots)
- Fill out your child’s info, and choose a tag.
- Attach a dollar, and place everything in the PTG dropbox in the office.
PLEASE submit the birthday tag info 1 week prior to your child’s birthday!
If you are looking for a great way to be engaged as a parent leader at Salt Creek, try School Site Council! We have two parent vacancies, and would love for you to join us. Please see the letter below for details, and if you are interested, please let us know by this Friday, August 1st. Please contact the school office if you would like to know more!
Please join us for Curriculum Night starting next week! Meet in the Multipurpose Room for introductions and a brief introduction from Mrs. Perez and Mrs. Du-Song, then proceed to your child’s classroom to find out more about the instructional program your teacher will be providing this year. Our PTG (Parent Teacher Group) will also be present all four nights for membership and other questions!
- Monday, August 4
- 5:30 Kindergarten
- 6:30 1st Grade (Mrs. Calcote’s 1st Grade only)
- Tuesday, August 5
- 5:30 2nd Grade (Mrs. Calcotes 2nd Grade only)
- Wednesday, August 6
- 5:30 3rd Grade (including Mr. Maes BOTH 3rd/4th)
- 6:30 6th Grade
- Thursday, August 7
- 5:30 5th Grade (including Ms. Parra BOTH 5th/6th)
- 6:30 4th Grade
Hi Everyone! Welcome back to School. Please enjoy this weekly update. Below is the quick view. There is an “Extended View” to help those of you who are new Salt Creek Elementary. The “Extended View” will provides a look at what is happening for the next couple of weeks, as well as a brief description of each event. Have a great week!
Week At a Glance:
- Monday, July 28th – to your child’s teacher – Please sign & return any forms that came home last week. (Medical info form, Emergency contact card, Annual Parent Notification form, Internet Use & Consent Form)
- Friday, August 1st - 8:30 – 9:30 am in the MPR – Military Families “Meet & Greet.” (Please note: Parking may be busier than usual on this day!)
- Friday, August 1st – Minimum Day – Dismissal at 1:15 pm
- Monday, July 28th – A number of forms have come home since Info Fair. These are forms that our school needs to have on record for your student. Some need to be filled out and signed by a parent. Others need to to be read and signed by the student as well. Please check your child’s backpack for these forms, and read, sign & return them to his or her teacher as soon as possible.
Military Families Meet & Greet
- Friday, August 1st – 8:30 to 9:30 am in the MPR – Both retired and active military families are invited to attend. Please contact the office for more information.
- Thursday, August 21st – in the MPR – Tell your kids to wear their smiles! It’s picture day!
Picture Day (Make-up date)
- Thursday, August 28th – in the MPR – In case you missed the first one!
Have a great week! I hope to see you around the campus!
Just a quick note to remind you that the 10th Anniversary Tile Fundraiser is back until July 30th.
Families must order their tiles in our PTAvenue Store by July 30th. Tiles will be delivered on August 1st.
Then take your tile to DayDreams Ceramic Studio (near Sprouts) and paint away. The deadline to paint your tile is August 11th. Tiles painted after this date will not make it into the school display.
If you have any questions or concerns about ordering or painting your tile please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forecast says it will be hot on on Thursday, July 24. Here’s what we have in place to beat the heat at Salt Creek :
- Teachers are monitoring that students stay hydrated with water throughout the day.
- The air-conditioned Multipurpose Room is open and available for students to read and sit with friends during recess time.
- Noon duties are reminding students to drink water and that they can enter the Multipurpose Room during recess.
- Teachers are limiting and modifying outdoor activities.
The first day of school is fast approaching, and we are eager to start another great school year! We will see you all on Wednesday, July 23! We suggest that you plan to arrive to school early on the first day, and no later than 8:10 a.m. everyday to ensure that you are not late. School begins promptly at 8:15 a.m. and dismissal for the first day is 1:15 p.m. for 1st-6th grade and 1:05 p.m. for Kindergarten. Students may line up on the blacktop and wait for their teacher. Although there is staff supervising students walking the track and waiting in their lines, we do ask that students save playing with friends for recess and lunch. Please make sure that you review the dismissal plan with your child, whether it’s riding the bus, going to DASH or YMCA, getting picked up, or walking home. We allow 15 minutes grace period at dismissal before we ask students that are still waiting to be picked up to wait in the quad area. This measure is for safety of our students. Thank you so much for your cooperation.
Kindergarten parents must accompany their children to the kindergarten area and remain there in line for one-to-one handoff. Kindergarten bus riders will be picked up by Salt Creek staff and walked over to the kindergarten area.
If you were not able to come to our Info Fair on Saturday, please come into the school office to pick up your Information packet. You may also provide residency verification if you have not done so.
We will see you all on Wednesday!!
Mrs. Perez and Mrs. Du-Song
Spirit Tags will be on sale during tomorrow’s Info Fair. Each tag is $1. We will have grade-level tags and limited quantities of last year’s fun tags. We will offer new tags on a monthly basis during the school year.
Birthday Spirit Tags grams will also be available. These tags are pre-ordered and delivered to your child’s class with a note. Birthday grams are $1 each.
Our 10th Anniversary Tile Fundraiser was a big hit with Salt Creek Families! So due to overwhelming demand, we are selling additional tiles on our new PTG website (PTAvenue.)
Click here to visit the PTG’s online store and purchase your tile.
These tiles will only be on sale through July 30th. Tiles will be delivered August 1st and MUST BE PAINTED at Daydreams Ceramic Cafe no later than August 11th to be installed in the Salt Creek courtyard (outside the school office).
For those of you who purchased a tile in June, we hope you enjoyed visiting Daydreams Cafe over the summer to paint your tile. If you purchased a tile in June and did not paint it before the July 11th deadline, there is one more opportunity for you to paint your tile before they are installed at the school. Please have your tile painted no later than August 11th.
If you have not painted your tile by August 11th, you will miss out on the opportunity to have your tile installed at the school.
Salt Creek PTG Board